Pre School Sports Programs in New York City
PSA Pre-school programs provide a safe, active and enjoyable introduction to youth sports for 3 - 5 year olds. Our on site programs are conducted in multipurpose rooms, gyms and outdoor spaces by our enthusiastic PSA coaches to give students an opportunity to learn about and develop fundamental skills in the familiar environment of their daycare/ pre-school. Our programs are tailored to be fun and engaging for beginners with games and exercises to help promote activity, enhance coordination and spark a love for sports that will last a lifetime.
Convenient- Active- FUN
Seasonal programs during the fall, winter and spring seasons
Convenient sessions during class time in classrooms, multipurpose rooms or outside area
Fully qualified coaches with Background Checks and Virtus Certification
Donation back to the school every season for each student enrolled with the PSA
Principal and parent referrals available upon request.
Click Your Program To Register
Select the program that best suits your needs.
Program & Sport
At check-out, you can select additional sports on different days or times.
dates & Times
Choose a program with dates and times that align with your schedule and the sports you wish to participate in.
SIGN-UP & Register
SIGN-UP and go to the registration page with additional program-specific information.
Registration coming soon
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The age range or eligibility criteria for children to participate in the preschool sports program can vary depending on the specific program and its guidelines. Typically, preschool sports programs are designed for children between the ages of 3 and 5 years old. However, it's important to check with the program organizers to determine the specific age requirements and any other eligibility criteria that may be in place.
The types of sports or activities offered in the PSA Preschool program may vary depending on the specific program and its offerings. However, common sports and activities for preschool-aged children may include introductory versions of popular sports such as soccer, basketball, t-ball, gymnastics, and basic motor skill development activities. The emphasis is typically on introducing children to a variety of sports and activities in a fun and age-appropriate manner, focusing on fundamental movement skills, coordination, and overall physical development. It's best to consult the program details or contact the organizers for specific information on the sports and activities offered in the PSA Preschool program.
The schedule and duration of typical PSA Preschool sessions vary depending on the program and age group, with sessions typically lasting 30 minutes. They are usually held once or twice a week, and some programs offer consecutive days with different sports. Preschool sessions are scheduled in the morning or early afternoon to suit young children's energy levels and attention spans. The programs may follow seasonal structures, such as fall, winter, spring, or summer seasons. For specific schedule and duration details, it is advisable to review the program information or contact the organizers directly.
The coach-to-child ratio in the PSA Preschool program varies based on the program and age group, ensuring adequate supervision and individual attention. Programs aim for a favorable ratio, such as 1 coach for every 6 to 8 children, to create a safe and engaging learning environment. For specific information, review the program details or contact the organizers directly.
PSA prioritizes the safety and well-being of children in the Preschool program through various safety measures:
- Supervision: Trained coaches closely supervise children during activities.
- Facility Safety: Programs are held in safe facilities that meet standards.
- Age-Appropriate Activities: Activities and equipment are tailored to preschoolers' developmental needs.
- First Aid and Emergencies: Coaches are trained in first aid, and protocols are in place.
- Safety Guidelines: Specific guidelines ensure proper warm-up, equipment safety, and injury prevention.
PSA maintains open communication with parents, providing updates and addressing concerns. For comprehensive safety information, review program details or contact organizers directly.
Registering for a PSA Preschool program is typically done through our League App online registration process. Here's a general overview of how to register:
- Visit the PSA website: Go to the official PSA website and choose your geographic location.
- Browse programs: Explore the different Preschool programs offered by PSA, including the specific sports or activities, age groups, and specific preschool locations.
- Select a program: Choose the program that best suits your child's interests and schedule.
- Complete the registration form: Fill out the online registration form with the required information, including your child's personal details, emergency contact information, and any specific requests or considerations.
- Review program details: Take the time to review the program details, including the schedule, fees, and any additional requirements or information provided.
- Submit payment: Make the necessary payment as indicated during the registration process. Payment methods may vary but can include online payment options or instructions for other payment arrangements.
- Confirmation and communication: Upon successful registration and payment, you will receive a confirmation email or notification with further details about the program. You may also receive communication regarding important updates or any additional information required.
It's important to note that the registration process may vary slightly depending on the specific after-school program or location. It's recommended to visit the PSA website or contact the program organizers directly for detailed registration instructions and any specific requirements for your chosen program.